• Offering the best protection in its class, the Defender protects against damaging surges
Informative LCD display
• Modern, stylish LCD display indicates voltage in/out, amount of load and remaining capacity
• Excellent Microprocessor control guarantees high reliability
Buck and Boost AVR for Voltage Stabilization
• The AVR automatically bucks/boosts unstable fluctuating utility voltages, bringing them within 10% of nominal voltage range and thereby protecting valuable equipment.
• Home office applications
• Security applications
• Point of sale equipment
• NAS Drives
Hot Swappable batteries
• Batteries are easily hot swappable and user replaceable, extending the service life of your UPS
Silent Operation (no fans)
• Power Shield Engineers have designed the Defender range to run cool without fans. This makes it the perfect complement to Audio Visual
Auto restart when AC recovers
• After an extended power outage the UPS will turn back on and resume equipment functionality once power has returned
• The plugged in UPS will continue to charge internal batteries whether the unit is on or off
Cold start function
• The UPS can turn on equipment when it is off, simply by connecting equipment and turning the UPS on. This is excellent when you need to power equipment for a short time
USB communication with sophisticated NetGuard software
• The free, downloadable NetGuard software provides complete power monitoring. Parameters such as input/output voltage, battery capacity and load level are easily viewed. It also ensures a safe and orderly shutdown in the event of a prolonged outage.
PowerShield Defender 1600VA
The Defender Range uses Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) to minimise the effects of fluctuations in input voltage, protecting your valuable equipment from power line disturbances.
To protect your valued equipment against damaging surges, the Defender has been designed to incorporate the best surge protection in its class.
The stylish LCD display, user replaceable, hot swappable batteries and Australian sockets makes the Defender the complete package at this level.
Topology Line interactive
Voltage 240Vac (Nominal)
Voltage Range 177-290 Vac
Frequency Range 50/60Hz ± 5Hz (Auto sensing)
Output Voltage 240Vac ± 10%
Frequency AC mode tracks utility
Frequency Range (Batt. Mode) 50Hz or 60Hz ± 1Hz
Transfer Time 6ms (Typical)
Waveform (Batt. Mode) Simulated sinewave
Type & Number 12V50W (x2)
Typical Recharge Time 6 hours recover to 90% capacity
Backup Time (50% Load) 6 Minutes
Full Protection Overload, discharge, thermal, short circuit and overcharge protection.
Surge Protection 936 Joules/19500 Amps
COMMUNICATIONS AND MANAGEMENT
Interface USB interface
Software NetGuard® – supports Windows, Linux, Unix and Mac (Free Download)
LCD Alarm AC mode, Battery mode, Low Battery (Batt. Mode), Fault, Overload
Audible Alarm Battery Mode, Low Battery (Batt. Mode), Fault, Overload
Dimensions (L x W x H) 393 x 146 x 202 mm
Humidity 0-90% (RH Non-condensing)
Noise Level <5dB @ 1 metre (No fan)
Safety EN62040 – 1 – 1 2003, IEC60950 – 2 2006
RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU